02:11

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

Trip to Nottingham on 16/02/2008

Old 20th February 2008, 11:28

The Stockport-Sheffield route always seems to be crowded, wish they would put on bigger trains (bring back HSTs on the Hope Valley! ). Though I was lucky on one ride back to Manchester from Sheffield, the TPX was running late, and arrived just before a CT, majority of passengers went for the TPX so Central was more quiet than might have been.

Old 21st February 2008, 12:27

I think david they were all quite packed on this day as Manchester United Football Club where [playing at home.

Does anyone know if there is a specific type of unit used on the Football Specials or is it anything goes.
Old 22nd February 2008, 12:16

Usually there is a 323 that takes passengers to Old Trafford stadium, using a 323 on a service to Deansgate, but extended to the fotball ground station close by.

Ha yes I remember coming back on the Hope Valley in similar circumstances. When I did the Chesterfield run in 06 there were quite a few passengers going to watch the England v Paraguay match on the big screen in the cnetre of Manchester, with hopes of winning the world cup...shame we wont see anything similar for Euro08 this year