01:33

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Class 66 repaint

Old 15th August 2011, 12:59

You lucky people living down there.Wish that blue streak would visit us up here inth North West.
I had to put up with 70013 Oliver Cromwell today on The Mersey Moorlander, having been out on Friday on The Scarborough Flyer.Tough eh!!!

Old 15th August 2011, 19:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMEPLANE View Post
Hi Dave
CHeers
I'll be down the Station in the morning for the down DCE.. Should be 'Dom of New Zealand', so she'll overnight at Yeovil, and be back on the Bath spa on Wednesday morning!!
Ian
Wednesday's going to be the best day to be at Eastleigh - the A4 passes on the up at about 09:25-ish, and 60163 "Tornado" is due through at 11:33 en route to Weymouth! I MIGHT be there, depending on a number of factors, including the weather....
Old 15th August 2011, 21:39

In a meeting a few weeks ago we were told that DB will relivery all the EWS loco's when they come due for their big eaxams.

Apparently it costs £5000 to relivery one loco

Les
Old 16th August 2011, 08:11

DBS Livery.. It will be interesting to see, how long the Pillarbox Red lasts in service????
THe Brighter colours tend to "Go Off" quite quickly, compared to Greens and Blues!
Remember the state of the "Connex South Central Units" in Puke Yellow and White!
That was a complete "No Brainer"!
Old 16th August 2011, 08:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rowland View Post
Wednesday's going to be the best day to be at Eastleigh - the A4 passes on the up at about 09:25-ish, and 60163 "Tornado" is due through at 11:33 en route to Weymouth! I MIGHT be there, depending on a number of factors, including the weather....
Hi Dave
I see the Fickle finger of fate has changed things!!! "Allegedley", the A4 has been replaced by 70000 on the BSE on Wednesday.. I'm assuming "Brit" will shunt the yard here again, just after 5 tomorrow morning!! to take the stock down to Poole!! Perhaps they dont want to use an A4 for shunting!!! Would have Gresley turning in his grave LOLOLOL!
So I reckon it's platforming for a couple of hours.. To complete the package of course.. We should have Clan Line with the VSOE stock on, thundering through with a "Bournemouth Belle" headboard! That would be a WOW factor!!
Cheers
IAN
Old 16th August 2011, 08:48

Quote:
Hi Dave
I see the Fickle finger of fate has changed things!!! "Allegedley", the A4 has been replaced by 70000 on the BSE on Wednesday.. I'm assuming "Brit" will shunt the yard here again, just after 5 tomorrow morning!! to take the stock down to Poole!! Perhaps they dont want to use an A4 for shunting!!! Would have Gresley turning in his grave LOLOLOL!
So I reckon it's platforming for a couple of hours.. To complete the package of course.. We should have Clan Line with the VSOE stock on, thundering through with a "Bournemouth Belle" headboard! That would be a WOW factor!!
Cheers
IAN
Hi Ian, I must have missed something - what's Clan Line doing, and what time at Eastleigh?
Old 16th August 2011, 18:37

Quote:
Hi Dave
Cheers
IAN
Hi again Ian, the VERY latest finger of fate is that 70000 has failed its 'fitness to run' exam, so tomorrow's run to Bath MIGHT be the A4, if not, it's likely to be diesel hauled.
Old 17th August 2011, 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O.G.F.A.N. View Post
You lucky people living down there.Wish that blue streak would visit us up here inth North West.
I had to put up with 70013 Oliver Cromwell today on The Mersey Moorlander, having been out on Friday on The Scarborough Flyer.Tough eh!!!
HEH HEH - Send her down mate!! We could "Double Head it" with 70000!!!!!
Mouth watering or what!! yum
Old 17th August 2011, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rowland View Post
Hi again Ian, the VERY latest finger of fate is that 70000 has failed its 'fitness to run' exam, so tomorrow's run to Bath MIGHT be the A4, if not, it's likely to be diesel hauled.
Hi Dave. I See that 70000 was failed near Westbury. No water. Don't know the whole story yet!!! And the joke of the day a Fireman short on 60163, so she had to bew piloted by a Skip (67002)to Eastleigh.. How indignant!!!!!
Old 18th August 2011, 06:24

Quote:
Hi Dave. I See that 70000 was failed near Westbury. No water. Don't know the whole story yet!!! And the joke of the day a Fireman short on 60163, so she had to bew piloted by a Skip (67002)to Eastleigh.. How indignant!!!!!
It seems 70000 had plug trouble, and lost water, got stuck at Warminster, dragged back to Westbury by 59203, which then went to the front and took it back to Poole, arriving about 108 minutes late.
A VERY complicated day, full of false rumours and strange workings. And I didn't see ANY of it, including 59204 turning up light engine at Eastleigh (the only 59 I've never seen).
DOH!!!