01:11

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

Help, Possible trainspot mistake

Old 3rd April 2009, 11:33
Station Manager

Welcome to the Forum Mick. Look forward to your posts.

Best wishes,

John H-T.

Old 3rd April 2009, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt446574 View Post
Hi as i'm sure you can gather from the title i think i have made a mistake in one of my trainspots and it's driving me crazy!! I had just finished at my particular spot and as i walked away a train came so i quickly jotted down the number and off i went. The number i wrote down was 67133 although i thought all the 67 class were EWS however i swear this was a south west train. I would be very grateful if someone could tell me whether i've just writen down a wrong number or that this is actualy write.
Thanks!
(p.s. As you can probaly guess i am very new to the hobby, i origanaly collected the n-gauge models which got me in to the hobby.)
Hi Matt and welcome.

Not sure where you were when you saw this but it sound like you took down a carriage number off the side of an EMU.

I looked up the number ranges of EMUs and 67133 is a carriage number in the range used by the South West Trains "Desiro" Class 444 units:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_444

These run express services from Waterloo to the south and south west of England.

If you have a spotting book, you should be able to cross reference the unit number (the one on the front of the unit) with the carriage number, if you find the section that covers class 444.
Old 15th May 2009, 19:42

Don't know how far south you are but if you're still looking for a 67 theres usually one at the end of the platforms at Kings X. NXEC use it for rescuing their failed trains