06:47

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Members Area > Say Hello

Hi Learner driver here!

Old 19th November 2010, 07:47
Station Manager

Hello and welcome to the forum, enjoy and all the best.

Old 22nd November 2010, 11:13

hello KB71000 welcome to the forum
Old 28th November 2010, 23:33

Freight timetables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcaravanner View Post
As an enthusiast they are available from http://freightmaster.net/ for a price of £93 for the year with books included

I'm still trying to get my wife to agree to pay it out LOL
Wow what a price! I've had some replies from a local website one of which has offered to send me daily schedules for a week to give me a flavour of typical train movements. Trouble is there may be several trains booked for passing a certain point at a certain time but only one or maybe none may run. It's apparently all down to demand but there have a booked path just in case they do run. Well well you're always learning. I think the motto is be prepared for anything and keep your camera handy at all times! Thanks for welcome to everyone it's good to be a part of this website. Cheers. Ken
Old 29th November 2010, 09:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB71000 View Post
I'm completely new to the latest practice in locomotive freight timetables and their respective reporting codes, having just returned to train photography after a gap of 25 years. I'm very familiar with Steam Loco practice which is my first area of interest.
I'm looking for info on train timings and reporting codes to and from Scotland, particularly freight trains from Killoch Washery in South Ayrshire hauled by DBS class 66 locos going through Gatehead, Barassie Troon Prestwick and Ayr. I'm not sure of the final destination but it could be Ayr. This may be a completely niave request so please bear with me! I've tried various Scottish websites [e.g. scot-rail] but so far no success. Can anyone help me?
You may well find this useful:-

http://www.trainspots.co.uk/listing-gen.php
http://www.trainspots.co.uk/index4ge...group=6&type=2

It's two pages of the same website (the second is for ScotRail); by joining one or more of the groups (follow the links), you can recieve emails with a great deal of freight info, including loco numbers, headcodes, and routing, sometimes with timings. There are groups covering the whole country, and most are free to join, although UK Rail costs around £10 per year - to be honest, you're better off without that group, as there's an unbelievable amount of emails involved - in one day, I recieved over 400 from this group alone!
Hope this helps, Dave.

Tags
freight, scotland, timetables