03:22

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Heat buckles

Old 31st July 2022, 03:12

Yes Syd, the canvas or what ever the bag was made of and stitching would be wonky after all them years. I did have a metal water container that had cloth covering which you dunked to again have the evaporation effect to cool the container. But, being so frozen here, I would enjoy your nice clean HOT puffer billy fire, though one with a mechanical stoker.
And Hereward, I thought that you Poms watched our Neighbours TV soap. It was supposedly big viewing in the Old Dart. The series has FINALLY concluded here. GOOD RIDDANCE, I never watched the drivel.

Old 31st July 2022, 08:15

Yes Steve I think it was popular here and another Home and Abroad, or something. I have never seen either. My dutch is obsessed with soap operas, so I am rarely allowed to watch TV.
Old 6th August 2022, 14:46

Likewise my missus is obsessed with soaps, so I never get to see any TV programmes between 7.30 and 9pm. Happily she's never got interested in the Australian offerings.