13:26

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Help with a 3d model - steam engine locomotive

Old 2nd April 2022, 10:47

Help with a 3d model - steam engine locomotive

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me out here. I am trying to produce a model of a simple steam engine locomotive for education purposes. I have a basic model ready but I think there might be some issues - I noticed the tube is overlapping a little and there might be other things. I got a feedback that the front it maybe too long so the steam could not get through?
I know this is more of a train enthusiasts forum but I would like to get this as accurate as possible so the students can learn from a quality model.

I would therefore appreciate any help - if you could glance over and maybe mark up areas that are not quite right in your opinion, that would be fantastic. I though of asking here as this place must be full of train experts 😁

Thanks so much, hope everyone is having a great weekend!

3D Viewer 4_2_2022 11_21_25 AM.jpg

Blender 4_2_2022 11_19_25 AM.jpg

Blender 4_2_2022 11_20_20 AM.jpg

3D Viewer 4_2_2022 11_20_56 AM.jpg

Old 25th November 2022, 07:52

Hello there. My friend is crazy about train modeling He sends me over an odd site with model railroad buildings and such, but mostly in HO scale. It is difficult to find much, which is good that he is invested in a 3D printer and Tinkercad, which is fantastic. He said that there are lots of videos on YouTube on how to create your own model. Sadly I have no idea how to do it. I have to ask him each time I need something.