22:32

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

Bachmann rail track ballast wagons...

Old 18th January 2011, 19:56

The earlier variants of autoballaster with a TOPS prefix of GERS (Ithink) actually had screw couplings. The later versions have buck eye couplings. Even so it does make you wonder how a set of 5 could go out with no generator. I can only assume that must have working with another set of 5 with a gen on a previous job when they could have shared the gen.

As I recall, it is the side tippers that are bolted together.

Old 19th January 2011, 03:56

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemoor66 View Post
No, nobody lost there job over it. GB had to always find a scapegoat when things went wrong and usually the lower down the pecking order the better. I lost count of the times I was accused of doing something I hadn't done. One of which resulted in a 10 week suspension where I had no case to answer at a disciplinary and another was where I allegedly didn't turn up for a medical when in fact I had but BUPA got me mixed up with somebody else who didn't turn up and passed on the incorrect info to GB. All managers were briefed that I was not allowed on site etc and that my PTS was to be taken off me. I still laugh to this day about it. All the effort that must have gone into trying to trip me up when a simple phone call to me could have rectified the situation. If ever you want to be treated like a school kid with no brain then be a shunter for GB.
Interesting read cheers....