15:06

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

Rail maintenance depots

Old 21st March 2008, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyhandedfool View Post
I didn't know what was at Cricklewood, only that FCC use it instead of Selhurst now. I imagine to stop Southern using FCC 319's like they used to.
There are currently still a few FCC turns where 319s are dropped off/collected at Selhurst for weekend A & B exams. The last 12 319s are still theoretically based there until the end of this year. If it all goes to plan they'll surrender them to FCC then.

I've heard a strong rumor from several reliable sources that the shortfall this causes Southern may be plugged by loaned 465/6 Networkers from the SouthEastern. (I hope not for their sake - I wouldn't wish those dustbins on my worst enemy ).

Old 21st March 2008, 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foghut View Post
There are currently still a few FCC turns where 319s are dropped off/collected at Selhurst for weekend A & B exams. The last 12 319s are still theoretically based there until the end of this year. If it all goes to plan they'll surrender them to FCC then.

I've heard a strong rumor from several reliable sources that the shortfall this causes Southern may be plugged by loaned 465/6 Networkers from the SouthEastern. (I hope not for their sake - I wouldn't wish those dustbins on my worst enemy ).
Is there any reason they can't use the spare 508's on the south london circulars to allow 455's on the longer runs?

Well done for making it past that today!
Old 12th May 2008, 02:46

In answer to Muncaster's question, and Ian's fantastic reply in giving a whole list of Depot addresses, I thought........Tom-Tom!

I've made, with the help of Ian's addresses and Google Earth.... 2 files to install on your Tom-Tom. They're not complete as to Ians list, I've concentrated on the Motive power Depots for the moment. But they are as far as I can confirm by Google Earth accurate.

The problem now is: How do I get them to you to install on your Tom-Tom?

There are 2 files to install.

The first is a small .BMP file which gives you the icon on the screen and should be no problem. The second is the locations.... .OV2 files (I think).

Not sure though if the site will accept them to upload.

Could anyone advise?.....

Last edited by Resolution; 12th May 2008 at 02:58.
Old 12th May 2008, 09:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolution View Post
In answer to Muncaster's question, and Ian's fantastic reply in giving a whole list of Depot addresses, I thought........Tom-Tom!

I've made, with the help of Ian's addresses and Google Earth.... 2 files to install on your Tom-Tom. ..........................
Once again forum members have gone out of their way to help other members and once again the question's originator has not had the common decency to acknowledge the fact............It doesn't appear that Mr. Muncaster has even been back to the forum since the day he asked the question (11th February 2008)

Last edited by swisstrains; 12th May 2008 at 09:32.
Old 13th May 2008, 20:21
Station Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstrains View Post
Once again forum members have gone out of their way to help other members and once again the question's originator has not had the common decency to acknowledge the fact............It doesn't appear that Mr. Muncaster has even been back to the forum since the day he asked the question (11th February 2008)
No point getting upset about it chaps,life still goes on and the world will keep turning ,i mean it did not take me that long to do
I am just glad some one has made some use of the info.

All the best,Ian.