03:17

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Caught ticketless, passenger claims he is Delhi police chief

Old 4th April 2010, 08:30

Caught ticketless, passenger claims he is Delhi police chief

Read me

Quote:
A man, who falsely claimed to be a top Delhi police official after he was caught travelling without ticket on a train, was taken into custody by Government Railway Police in Allahabad today...

Old 4th April 2010, 12:20

Many years ago while riding an Amtrak passenger train from New York to Spartanburg, South Carolina, I watched an encounter between the trains conductor and a tickletless passenger. At that time there was a technique for dealing with such miscreants and ne'er-do-wells. It was called the "bums rush". As I recall,the fellow was ejected from the train at a small town called Culpepper in the state of Virginia into the waiting arms of the local police. A second after his posterior hit the concrete platform, his suitcase landed several feet away, bursting open from the impact.

It is still a funny memory and I laugh every time I think of it. Sadly, I doubt the bums rush is still used as we now live in a much kinder and gentler world.

For those younger members of the forum who may not be familiar with this useful means of getting rid of an unpleasant person, please read below.

bum's rush

–noun Slang.
forcible and swift ejection from a place: When they began to cause a disturbance, they were given the bum's rush.
any rude or abrupt dismissal: He gave the pesky salesman the bum's rush.

Theodore Roosevelt ...

Last edited by Bridgewater; 4th April 2010 at 12:23.
Old 4th April 2010, 18:16

My favourite American "slang term" is Shitkicker

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=shit-kicker