20:32

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Diesel & Electric > Diesel & Electric Discussion

Class 222

Old 24th April 2007, 11:32

Class 222

Wondered if anyone had travelled on a 222, operated by Hull trains. What is the interior like? Comfortable? What is the provision of safety equipment like?

Do they have any glass (apart from the windows of course) on the trains? Just wondering as a lot of trains seem to have glass in the interior.

Old 24th April 2007, 17:31

Cool

The Hull Trains like the MML 222's are very light and airy the colour schemes compliment each other very well.(cANT for the life of me remember the colours as its been 6 month since i travelled)
As for safety equipment i would assume that it would be industry standard equipment.
There is glass on the overhead racks so you can see you luggage as well as the doors at the end of the carraiges as you enter the vestibule ends.

Hope this helps
Old 29th April 2007, 21:21

Hull Trains Weekend services

Just on the subject of Hull Trains, has anyone else been in this scenario:

When using the trainline, when it shows the times and prices there is sometimes a notice in a box at the top sayingsomething along the lines of, 'Hull Trains services are busy at weekends, advanced reservation is recomended'. I found this happened when I looked up journeys that had absolutely nothing to do with Hull Trains services, or anywhere in the direction of where they operate. I did however look up weekend train times and prices. I wonder if this shows when you look up a weekday journey.

Last edited by martin adamson; 1st May 2007 at 09:32.