13:54

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > General Railway Discussion > Passenger Operations and Observations

BRs Last EMU is not original no more!

Old 15th April 2009, 19:08
SOUTHEASTERN-465

Unhappy BRs Last EMU is not original no more!

the sad news was broken to me today that the 'Hitachi' re-engineering started on the class 465 'Networker' one of them has been done already but has changed my view on them,i do love them still but it aint the 465s i grew up with,but i guess its the way of the world.

Old 15th April 2009, 23:05

The only thing I really like about Networker's is the funky noise they make. They don't come this side of the border and they've always been a bit too 'new' for my taste. They're certainly less intresting than the 2-EPB units!

Although I think major refurbs are par for the course with any commuter-based train which will see more than the fair share of abuse, use, and general wear and tear. It will extend their working life at any rate so, that's a benefit. It's needed and no doubt will be much welcomed by passengers though which is most important.
Old 16th April 2009, 12:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHEASTERN-465 View Post
the sad news was broken to me today that the 'Hitachi' re-engineering started on the class 465 'Networker'
Hoooray....the damn things things are so c***, they can only get better.
Old 16th April 2009, 13:37
SOUTHEASTERN-465

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pig View Post
Hoooray....the damn things things are so c***, they can only get better.
whats your problem with the class 465,there over 20 so how can you class them as modern,and some can do 90mph and its suburban so what do expect a rocket stuck on it,thats the personality of the 465 a normal speed,modern-day,loyal,southern work-hourse,i find your opinion really offensive in a way that you refer to the class 465.and atleast if you hate them use politness like 'Deathbyteacup',

Last edited by SOUTHEASTERN-465; 16th April 2009 at 13:41.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:58

Quote:
whats your problem with the class 465,there over 20 so how can you class them as modern,
I never said they were modern. They're not.

Quote:
and some can do 90mph
You specifically mentioned the 465 - Its max speed is 75 mph.

Quote:
i find your opinion really offensive in a way that you refer to the class 465.and atleast if you hate them use politness like 'Deathbyteacup',
I speak as I find. Try to relax and not take things personally. Did you not notice that I put a sticky-out tongue icon after my statement to show that I was making a light hearted jest? In any case a forum is a place where you come to meet people with opinions and experiences that are different to yours. And finally if we're getting personal I find your deplorable grammar extremely offensive. Since you're making comparisons to Deathbyteacup, you could try to copy his excellent style (you know like starting a sentence with a capital letter and ending it with a full stop or question mark).

Just for your information - The reason I dislike Networkers is because I used to drive them, and I know that they are awful.

Last edited by Flying Pig; 16th April 2009 at 16:21.
Old 16th April 2009, 17:37

Quote:
how can you class them as 'Modern',
Quote:
normal speed,modern-day,loyal,southern work-hourse',
Old 16th April 2009, 18:44
SOUTHEASTERN-465

Angry Reply For Fp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pig View Post
I never said they were modern. They're not.

You specifically mentioned the 465 - Its max speed is 75 mph.

I speak as I find. Try to relax and not take things personally. Did you not notice that I put a sticky-out tongue icon after my statement to show that I was making a light hearted jest? In any case a forum is a place where you come to meet people with opinions and experiences that are different to yours. And finally if we're getting personal I find your deplorable grammar extremely offensive. Since you're making comparisons to Deathbyteacup, you could try to copy his excellent style (you know like starting a sentence with a capital letter and ending it with a full stop or question mark).

Just for your information - The reason I dislike Networkers is because I used to drive them, and I know that they are awful.
REPLY TO 'FLYINGPIG'
IF YOU READ I SPECICALLY SAID I FIND IT AFFENSIVE HOW YOU TALKED ABOUT THE CLASS 465 IN A JOKING MANNER,AND SO WAS THE DEATHBYTEACUP THING IF YOU HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR,AND AS FOR YOU HATE NETWORKER'S WE ALL LIKE TRAINS IN A DIFFRENT WAY AND LIKE THE RAILWAY AS A ONE,CLEARLY YOU TOOK THIS TO PERSONAL AND ADVISE YOU NOT TO READ MY FORUMS IF YOU TAKE THEM AFFENSIVLY,AND I MENT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THE 465 AS IF IT WERE MODERN,WE USE TO GET ON AND HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND A LITTLE JOKE,AND WHATS WRONG WITH MY GRAMMAR,
HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THIS 'GRAMMAR AS YOU CALL IT'

Last edited by SOUTHEASTERN-465; 16th April 2009 at 18:54.
Old 16th April 2009, 19:12
berwickspotter

OH dear lets all chill folks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWGs3u3nWSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuZ-2bqb0ZI
Old 16th April 2009, 20:09
Station Manager

Gents let's all clam down,thank you every body is allowed to his or her own view on things.
Please lets not turn railwayforum in to a war zone

Ian
Old 3rd June 2009, 15:57

I fetched a 465 back from Ashford which had the new Hitach traction package last weekend.
Can,t say I noticed that much difference in prformance, but it was probably reliability issues that were being addressed in taking this step.
They are easy to spot, the equipment boxes under the solebar are not covered,which might prove interesting in the snow.