21:48

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > News and General Discussion > Railway News from around the World

Easter engineering work overruns (BBC News)

Old 25th March 2008, 11:12

Easter engineering work overruns (BBC News)

Engineering work due to be completed over the Easter weekend overruns leading to delays for commuters.

More from BBC News...

Old 25th March 2008, 12:58

I think they do it delibritly like swopping trains around here there and every were taking off a 142 off a wigan and putting it on a MAnchester Ox Rd.

Its a Scam Northern, NEtwork Rail are all in it togeter they plan these things Engineering work Over Run what a Load of Rubish.
Old 25th March 2008, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_142 View Post
I think they do it delibritly like swopping trains around here there and every were taking off a 142 off a wigan and putting it on a MAnchester Ox Rd.

Its a Scam Northern, NEtwork Rail are all in it togeter they plan these things Engineering work Over Run what a Load of Rubish.

And I thought this was supposed to be a forum for railway enthusiasts, How stupid of me its a LETS SLAG THE RAILWAYS OFF FORUM.

As a hard working railwayman I am sick and tired of the slagging off on here at the slightest oppurtunity. Maybe the engineering work has overrun again, that is a disgrace after the fiasco at christmas/newyear,but to say that the companies are in it together to cause chaos is to be frank an insult to me and every hard working railwayman in the country no matter what company we work for.

Its time that the so called enthusiast on here thinks about what they are writing before hitting the submit button.

I apologise if this post causes offence to anyone but the quote above just disgusts me.

Les
Old 25th March 2008, 17:09

So engineering work overran again,. I wonderhow many of those who complain have any experience of working outside in all weathers, through the night and miles from nowhere. Completion times can only be aproximate in circamstances where nature is involved and unlike working in a nice clean environment where time taken can be calculated, oputdoors even simple things like going to the loo are a problem.
Me, I'm just thankful someone is going to be outdoors working towards greater safety and if unforseen circumsatnces make it take longer then so be it.
John (G)
Old 25th March 2008, 18:21

What after the January fiasco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 25th March 2008, 18:46

Well said Les !!
Old 25th March 2008, 19:09
Station Manager

I was at Farington Leyland today sat in my van doing a bit of spotting, outside it was blowing a gale and snowing hard, but the lads from Network Rail where there fixing the points at the junction. Well done to everyone that works for our railways, especially those that keep us safe.
Old 26th March 2008, 10:16

Iam very sorry if i caused upset but i am really having a go at the managment whom most of them probably wouldent know what a train or track looks like.

They sould really give an extra days scedule for engineering work so that people are prepaired or warn people that the work may be extended / over run.

But one thing is that i can see in my personal veiw is that with all this engineering work going on the railways must be in pretty bad state of repair.

Question / Queerey

Does anyone know what the work between St.Helens Central & Wigan actually is please, Could it be that they are acctually Builing a New Car mIll Station.?
Old 26th March 2008, 11:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by RF News View Post
Engineering work due to be completed over the Easter weekend overruns leading to delays for commuters.

More from BBC News...
It's interesting how certain overrunning engineering work makes the BBC News site, but others don't. For example the Crewe to Chester line remained closed yesterday morning.
Old 26th March 2008, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_142 View Post

142s have been used on the Manchester Oxford Road to Liverpool service since before they made the service terminate at Manchester Oxford Road, rather than Manchester Piccadilly.

However, when Northern Rail took over the franchise, they did increase the number of 142s, 150s and 156s used on routes in the north west, as all the 158s from the north west were transferred to their Leeds depot and 156s were sent in the other direction as Northern got extra 158s.