06:54

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

My Survey For My GCSE Project

Old 13th September 2010, 17:01

Smile My Survey For My GCSE Project

Hello. I am studying GSCE Graphics and my project is flat pack model railway buildings and it will be a real pleasure if you could answer my questions and reply back as soon as possible, as i need your help and your opinions about railway models.

Thank You

1. What is your current age?

2. What do you think about Railway Models?

3. Do you enjoy making models on a everyday basis?

4. Would you like to own a Railway Model?

5. Would you like to take Model making a step further and turn it into a career?

6. Do you think making Models is easy? (if you have made one)

7. Have you made a Model ever before? If so what was it?

8. How much money would you spend on buying a Railway Model?

9. Where do you buy your models from?

10.what is your Railway Theme?

Can you please reply ASAP

Old 14th September 2010, 16:31

guys can you atleast answer my question please!!
Old 14th September 2010, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharz View Post
Don't get shirty, that will not help your cause ! You are asking for our help, so be polite please.

If you look closely, you will see that you have posted the same question twice, and there are two replies on the other post.
Old 14th September 2010, 17:33

well these are differnet questions if you can see
Old 14th September 2010, 17:54

OK then.

1. What is your current age?

2. What do you think about Railway Models?
They are smaller than the real thing.

3. Do you enjoy making models on a everyday basis?
I don't

4. Would you like to own a Railway Model?
I don't

5. Would you like to take Model making a step further and turn it into a career?
Too old for a career

6. Do you think making Models is easy? (if you have made one)
Anything is easy if you know how.

7. Have you made a Model ever before? If so what was it?
Made a model banana once.

8. How much money would you spend on buying a Railway Model?
Four pounds three and tuppence halfpenny.

9. Where do you buy your models from?
I don't

10.what is your Railway Theme?
I don't have one.
Old 14th September 2010, 21:52
Station Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharz View Post
It looks to me as if about three of you are doing the same project. Several of us have already completed the first questionaire. May I suggest that you share the data already submitted and then if you have any extra questions which have not yet recieved an answer post them. It is quite a lot to ask for several of you to ask the same or similar questions and then expect us to answer each person individually. Please look at the answers I have already given to the first person to post them (J4Y).

May I suggest that you look at J4Y's Questionaire, study the answers and go from there. I would suggest that you will have difficulty getting much information by just asking question that just require a yes/no answers!

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Belper Model Railway Group.
Old 15th September 2010, 00:51

Sorry only just seen this so hope it's not too late. Notice there's some different questions here to the others.

1. What is your current age? 33 (though I feel older sometimes!)

2. What do you think about Railway Models? I like them, I've made and demolished a few in my time but they're a fun and challenging way to spend some spare time making something for pleasure.

3. Do you enjoy making models on a everyday basis? Sadly no, work and other committments mean I'm lucky to have a few hours a week.

4. Would you like to own a Railway Model? I do after a fashion though lack of space means it's hidden away in part of the loft. I'd like to be able to afford a place where I could do it justice! (Anyone know what tomorrow's lottery numbers are gonna be?)

5. Would you like to take Model making a step further and turn it into a career? Without massive investment and production-line processing it would be difficult to do it commercially to the level of earning a living I think. The simple fact of the hours of work involved in individual models make it not commercially viable in my opinion. If that lottery win came up I might consider it though.

6. Do you think making Models is easy? (if you have made one) It's never easy. Some are easier than others, but in the end it's how well you achieve the effect you're looking for.

7. Have you made a Model ever before? If so what was it? Last was a display model unrelated to railways - a 3d model of a town centre street from the 1920's which was pulled down in the 1930s - info taken from period period photographs and O/S maps.

8. How much money would you spend on buying a Railway Model? I'm a tightwad to as little as possible. The most I've spent in one go is £30 on 'scenery' models. (Trains and rolling stock are a different matter!)

9. Where do you buy your models from? Model shops mostly as I like to see what I'm buying.

10.what is your Railway Theme? British Railways c1960 to late 1980s. Not so much on realism as atmosphere - steam working alongside class 37 hauled!

All the best and good luck with the course.

If it has less than 16 wheels it had better be a bike. If it has more than two wheels, it had better be a TRAIN!!