22:37

Welcome to Railway Forum!
Welcome!

Thank you for finding your way to Railway Forum, a dedicated community for railway and train enthusiasts. There's a variety of forums, a wonderful gallery, and what's more, we are absolutely FREE. You are very welcome to join, take part in the discussion, and post your pictures!

Click here to go to the forums home page and find out more.
Click here to join.

Go Back   Railway Forum > Railway Modelling > Railway Modelling

RJRs portable layout

Old 27th June 2008, 11:52

Hi John,
Very impressed with your modelling skills. I like the water, though I take Shed Cats comment on board about the colour, and I agree with him to a point,I just think you have to go with what you want. I know we have only a few members in our club, but we all see things in a different way. That is very apparent on some club nights!
This is probably a daft question, is your layout a fixture, or do you exhibit it?
Paul.

Old 12th September 2008, 22:57

Smoke and sound

A week ago or so looked into Smoke units and a "cheap" steam sound decoder (under £40)After some thought I took the plunge. The plan was to add smoke and sound to my black crab but after an hour of trying to fit the decoder and smoke unit in the boiler space (the speaker is in the tender) I admitted defeat and left the smoke unit out. Not wanting to whaste it I fitted it to my smaller 6671 loco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbCHBeAduEQ

To the trained ear I guess its not the right sound for a crab but to my unknowledgeable ears it makes a steam loco sought of noise !!!

John
RJR
Old 13th September 2008, 22:09
Station Manager

The general sound is convincing. Couldn't say if is right for a Crab, haven't heard one in action for about 45 years! Looking forward to hearing more sound fitted steam engines in 4mm. Thanks for the video.

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Old 1st November 2008, 02:53

Just going thru all the postings here. Good grief i'm gobsmacked! I never would have thought it possible to create such intricate detail like this! Amazing work!