View Single Post
Old 15th September 2019, 20:10

Hi BW,

The RHDR is limited to 25mph as a light railway & is only 15 inch gauge.

I don't know for certain about the signalling system, but I have seen the drivers collecting and surrendering tokens for the single line section between New Romney & Dungeness. They generally collect a token at New Romney to enter the single line section, then exchange with the passing train at Romney Sands before proceeding to Dungeness. They keep this token as the end of the line at Dungeness is a balloon loop and they return to New Romney having traversed the loop, exchanging the token again with the passing train at Romney Sands.

New Romney is fully signalled & controlled by New Romney signal box, so trains entering the single line section here are signalled into the section & they should be in possession of the token. I'm not sure about the remainder of the single line section - it is either controlled by New Romney 'box or it is purely automatic signals linked into the automatic level crossings.

As I'm not in the know, I wouldn't want to speculate further as to what may have gone wrong in this instance.

Tony

Last edited by TRP; 15th September 2019 at 20:19.