View Single Post
Old 24th August 2019, 07:40

smog hollow commuter chaos

G'day,
According to the as per usual Sensational smog hollow private TV channels news last nite, CHAOS reigned supreme in the Metrop.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/...23-p52jyp.html
A roof hatch was discovered raised on one carriage of an eight car squirt at Town Hall underground station during the morning peak.
That apparently hurled most of the smog hollow commuter network into chaos creating massive delays.
These delays continuing through the day to also impact upon the arvo peak.
Substitute omnibus services were arranged, but these became stationary in the usual smog hollow traffic grid lock.
Cattle consternation expressed by all interviewees.
Into the camera lens steps the newbie smog hollow rail Metrop head honcho.
He being an expat Pom and prior London tubular head honcho.
YES, the smog hollow system is antiquated, he extolled.
Aber und but, operational incidents have been reduced, he did muse.
Well, YES, I guess that there would be fewer operational incidents, as fewer trains are now percolating.
The driverless Metro dingus having usurped a chunk of the dinkum commuter rail network.
Consequently, S set (non-aircon) emu sets have been retired and are being scrapped.
He pointed the finger of blame at the obsolete emergency methods for removing the overhead power supply.
OH OH, look out Elec trouble, and the quippies (fixit blokes).
They'll be on the chopping block for privatization.
Town Hall is a major underground station on the city circle, plus the north shore lines.
But, one does wonder why the removal of the overhead supply for the specific line did cause such a drama.
Yes, during the peak, squirts are virtually bumper to bumper around the city circle and elsewhere.
And, it don't take long for the traffic jam to compile and extend around the circle.
Two reasons why smog hollow squirts possess emergency doors at the ends of the sets, the fear of fire and train failure.
Butt em up together, open them doors and walk the cattle through the combined sets to a platform and salvation.
However, I have never heard of this being implemented in smog hollow when the wheels fall off.
The head honcho did express that they might consider compensation for passengers who consequently missed air line connections.
But, the general commuting public would just hafta accept the delays in getting to and from toil.
Refunds for general commuters not being considered.
Ah well, bring on the cancer that be the driverless private Metro.
It has also been copping more flack due to operational problems.
But, with NO driver or guard to cause delays, it will become the champion for the future.
Just be prepared to stand for an hour with the very reduced number of seats available in driverless trains.
And, a roof hatch has a long way to jump up to make contact with the overhead on a driverless single decker.
In fact, we could hope for future images of cattle riding the rooves of driverless trains as they do in India.
I don't reside in smog hollow and have NO desire to do so.
So, just what was I doing yesterday ?
Well, I stupidly went out with the cameras to take pot shots of a stupid hysterical tour.
NO, no soot belching, just a single weasel and four cattle cars zooming westward ho.
It was a sunny, though FRIGID day.
After I had paid me bills and dun me weekly hunter gatherer, I aimed das auto south west.
Yes, Tumulla bank woulda been perfect for sun angle plus the 1 in 40 climb.
But, NO way was I gunna attempt to sneak in there just for some weasel thing.
$400.oo trespass fines now apply if caught on the property.
Up the top of the hill at Wimbledon, I did indeed espy some JHR bods lurking at the level crossing.
I presumed to check the newbie block signals.
I chose Gresham as me spot to loiter.
Another level crossing, but only for property owners residing on the surrounding hill.
The UP distant signal possied at Gresham being now handy to observe train running direction.
As long as it glowed Yellow, then them westboud hystericals had the road.
And, eventually around the bend rattled the special.
I elected to then await the UP Rocket, due to shudder past me in about 30 minutes time.
The only two trains in the region, so a bloke may as well wait with his earlobes turning blue.
Yes, that distant stick changed to green once them hystericals had cleared Newbridge.
Alas, as I waited while the sun began to sink, I realized that the Rocket was LATE.
Would it appear before dusk ?
A vehicle came across the tracks, obviously a resident.
I did think that he might get up me for trespassing on the edge of his property.
But, he just shook his head and continued up the hill to his hovel.
Finally, I heard the bleat of the Rocket hooter for the level crossing at Newbridge.
And seven minutes later, it did come rattling down hill and past me.
As I motored the 35 kms home, that sun sank into a freezing dusk.
Train nutters, we are definitely IDIOTS.
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pic...aug%202019.JPG
Steve.