View Single Post
Old 4th April 2006, 22:29

Complaint to Hornby by two brothers in Palermo, Sicily
Quote:
this short e-mail is directed to the Hornby designer. I'm an italian fermodellist, and, like many others, I had been waiting for the new hornby models for years. I expected to see new and more detailed models even for the italian market. Unlikely all the models produced till now by the new management for the italian market seem to be only the bad copy of the ones produced by Rivarossi and Lima during the previous years. The new models are dreadfully inperfect and imprecise, in spite of a good new mechanic. Wrong colors, absence of important details and much more; but what especially amazed me and many other collecters is that even models already successfully produced by Lima and Rivarossi seem to have been ruined by the new management.: how to forget the wrong buffers of the E 656, or the imprecise colors of all the XMPR models, and so on. I don't know what the future projects of hornby are, but on considering that actually other firms produce high quality models, I and many others like me have no intention to spend money for so imprecise models. Beside as the models for the other european countries have not suffered this quality failure, I have to suppose that much depends on the italian "experts" who should check the product before it arrives in shops. What else to say, but that I sincerely hope hornby to make better controls on its product, especially for the italian market!!
unquote.