View Single Post
Old 14th August 2009, 11:10

Smile reply

Ok
We are aplying for a heritage lottery grant to get us going. We are also in the process of registering as a charity (we are only putting a definate yes if the plan is approved) We have no major earthworks to work on as the footpath maitanance people have been looking afetr it. Bridges are all used by the walkers so have to be maintained and some cross NR railways and are maintained to a good safety standard. Also we need to remember that as a 2 foot gauge line the track and trains are no where near as heavey.
The time scale we are using was something i worked on for hours with my co-founder Lord Milett and we have decided that we are going to deal with negotiations and gather support while launching an appeal as people join ( remember we are applying to become a charity). In the second year we will put the money from the heritiage lottery grant into our first locomotive which has been found (I should mention that the locos have been found and with no restoration required to most) while using the money we have raised from the public to begin laying track and securing our station and shed site at Bollington. The land owner is cheshire east council which is lucky as they are already bent on bringing money in and our argument is already posted in an earlier part of the thread.
When you mention the road difficulties we plan to go no where near it. We are only using the stretch from Bollington to rose hill marple, the road is in macclesfield.
I hope this helps. PS I did mention the act of parliament which opened the railway in the first place which explains that situation in an earlier part of the thread.