View Single Post
Old 19th May 2021, 03:18

Smile Hello From Sacramento, California.

Hello Everybody. I was looking for an international (not just covering the U.S.) railway forum and discovered this one, so I joined. I am a docent at the California State Railroad Museum in Sacramento (csrmf.org). I used to work as a guide in the museum and also as a Car Attendant on our tourist line that goes 3.5 miles down the river and back - with steam power several times a month. But now I mainly work in the library/archives and manage an internal website for our 350+ docents and volunteers. I am very interested in British steam. My wife and I rode the Tornado (built in 2008) from London to Exeter and back; a wonderful all day trip. I also "bought" a small boiler tube for the rebuilding of the Duke of Glouster. Right now I'm working up a PowerPoint presentation on "British Steam Railways +1" that I will be giving to 100+ museum docents in June (I also do continuing education training). The "+1" refers to the one diesel-electric that I just must mention - the Deltics. Well, I think that's quite enough of a "hello" message. Cheers! Bill