View Single Post
Old 17th February 2011, 01:21

OK on the red cranes Madcaravanner, Mmmh What years are we talking there, I'm sure I remember black. I have an old photo somewhere (in black and white unfortunately) from a crash at Dallam, Warrington around 1960 ish. It shows a crane lifting a tender and the top of a loco lying on its side (8f or black 5, not sure). I'll do some work on it and try and post it later. On the coach I've found something a little more modern.
It's a Hornby R4290 Centenary Brake Coach in Maroon circa 1935 (No. W4578W). It has 2 seating compartments at one end with windows, the rest of the coach is a Brake section with 2 sets of double doors each side. I've picked one up and hope that a bit of weathering will give it that I've been standing in a siding for 6 months and nobody cares about me look

....and yep! I'm still wondering whether my printer will be able to cope with the detail on a 4mm/ft girlie mag........ It may be a good time for an upgrade!

P.S. I'm now looking for 4mm scale slings, chains, D links, jacks, bars, wedges, wooden blocks etc etc etc........

Last edited by Resolution; 17th February 2011 at 01:37.