Thread: Bewdley Steam
View Single Post
Old 21st April 2015, 11:50

Bewdley Steam

A big hello to everyone
Would welcome advice from members

We are presently refurbing a house in the beautiful town of Bewdley
We occupy a unique position overlooking the Severn Valley station, so trains can be viewed at your leisure drawing into the station ie not flying past
We have the opportunity to put in a large viewing window, sash drop down window or inward opening doors with juliet balcony..What would you recommend for the full viewing experience?YOUR VIEWS MOST WELCOME
This has been used as a bedroom in the past but there are another 3 bedrooms in this quirky house built in 1841 originally part of the Great Western real ale bar next door
The main problem with the house is my brother does not see the potential or recognise the romance that goes with steam. I down tools when the trains arrive as i feel it is magical
I would like to ask the question, Would the likes of steam enthusiasts bearing in mind spouses may not be on board be genuinely interested and attracted to such a property or am I wide of the mark?

I would like to hold an exclusive open day for enthusiasts when the house come cottage is further down the line before going on the general market. The envisaged sale price will be 225k

If you are genuinely interested, please let me know, I will post photos at a later date as project develops but can send pictures of station view from house

Last edited by Bewdley Steam; 22nd April 2015 at 10:48.