View Single Post
Old 21st May 2010, 23:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
I hope you don't blame EWS completely for the problems that they had with the RfD section. I think the guy in charge of that company prior to privatisation was Ian Brown and if I remember correctly, he spat his dummy out and poisoned the well just prior to him leaving because he didn't get his own way, and EWS had to pick up the pieces.
The true fact of the matter is that RfD and Freightliner should never,ever have been separated and should have continued as an entity,this stupid decision was made by the same "stupid" government that "privatised" the railway system in 1994 and we now know the consequences ! Typical Tory party Dogma !!
Ian Brown was indeed the CEO of RfD and was dedicated to the cause of making RfD a major player in European Freight haulage through the Channel Tunnel,however certain things prevented this,one was the increase of "illegals" who seemed to travel thro' the Tunnel at will,which didn't do the "cause" much good,also you still had the "road haulage lobby" to contend with, something that is still and will be with us for the forseeable future.
The truth is that nobody wants "Railfreight" to succeed because it could be too cost effective !