View Single Post
Old 24th April 2010, 16:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM181 View Post
I am ex BR and also worked for EWS from day 1.
As a trade union rep at National Level and also at my depot I have worked with company directors and local managers.
The whole management culture on EWS revolves around bully boy tactics from all levels of the management strata.
They do not care about certain sections of staff, and thier MO is to reduce staffing levels at all costs, using any means at thier disposal.
This includes implimenting work rosters, ignoring local agreements made under the Partneship Agreements.
The managers will lie and cheat in thier dealings with staff, and cannot be trusted in any way shape or form.
We had an MD from Canada, and now he has gone home, in my view thats the best place for him.
I am glad that I took the money when I did, cos that brass is better in my pocket then in EWS's pocket.
This is my opinion on this company but is bourne out all over the system when you talk to other staff.
I couldn't agree with you more mate,I spent 43 years on the footplate at Saltley and upto "privatisation" the job was brilliant,even when we were "sectorised" in 1994 and became an Railfreight Distribution Depot,things were fine.Then in 1998/99 RfD was "given" to EWS and the rot well and truly set in
I lasted until 2006 and thankfully "threw the towel" in and got out.The so called management of EWS are the worst managers I've ever worked under/with in all my 43 years service,and you're right they are just a bunch of "bully-boys" and nothing else.I realy feel sory for the younger drivers with no where else to go,however things might now change with DB in charge,I certainly hope so.