Thread: 158 865
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2008, 12:46

When Stagecoach took over a bus company called Yorkshire Traction quite a few Yorkshire Traction buses disappeared almost overnight and were replaced by a different (not brand new) bus model painted in Stagecoach livery. I think it's unlikely that they had bought and painted second hand buses in the first few days after taking over Yorkshire Traction. I think it is likely that they removed the 'Yorkshire Traction' name from the buses and swapped them for some Stagecoach buses that were based somewhere else, possibly Derbyshire.

I think it's likely that Stagecoach have been doing the same thing with trains. Maybe the reason they've sent one to the East Midlands franchisee which isn't in Stagecoach livery is because the Liverpool to Norwich route is obviously very long and so a train used on that route must be in good working order as it can't easily be serviced as frequently as on other routes.

I've never seen a silver/grey train with maroon doors. Arriva Trains Wales have similar to that description but with blue doors.