View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2022, 07:07

G'day Spidarman,
I finally got around to taking a very brief squiz at your Yurikamome guideway video.
Plus also just a brief glimpse of the Tokyu Ikegami rail line.
My el cheapo home www runs out of puff today, and I had a small amount of credit balance remaining.
I was curious as to how the guideway dingus steered through curves and turnouts.
I have managed to scrounge a document detailing the self steering bogie under those cars.
I now wonder just how long the tyres endure before needing replacement.
I can constumble the reduced noise benefit of rubber tyres on commuter trains.
The French have had a system for some time that runs on rubber tyres.
But, I do wonder what occurs if a tyre ruptures, or goes flat while in transit.
Does the train immediately stop, or can it continue at reduced speed ?
I have previously squizzed video at the library of the Chiba dangling railway that also utilizes rubber tyres.
There is a guided busway in Adelaide city South Oz.
But, I have not been over there to take a gander since it was implemented.
Interestingly, there was a guideway for horse drawn carts in smog hollow Sydney back prior to motor vehicles.
Channels embedded in a main road into which the carriages and carts could proceed and be directed along.
A driver taking a snooze except for the threat of running into a cart ahead.
Though, the horse / s probably stopped if encountering another carriage ahead of them.
There is a lot for the Tokyu Ikegami railway hogger to occupy himself with while rattling along.
I noticed three different types of levelcrossing obstruction warning lights.
I presume that the blue flashing lamp is a worksite protection light, or TSR lamp.
Temporary door barricades installed on platforms I presume in preparation for automatic platform barricades.
Plus, the platform CCTV monitors in the cab for cattle getting on and off while stationary.
Lots of things for the hogger to salute with his white gloves.
Had my eye surgery gone ahead two days ago, then I would have been more enthused to visit the local library.
But, it was suddenly cancelled due to the queue of plaguers waiting to get into the hospital.
So, I will need to continue to HIDE at home to avoid copping the plague for when the surgery is rescheduled.
I have been waiting 12 months for this surgery, and definitely do not want to jeopardize it when rescheduled.
In the meantime, I will continue with me el cheapo home www but not be able to view any video.
hooroo,
Cabin fever Steve.