View Single Post
Old 26th October 2021, 14:39

Arrow Hello (Konnichiwa) from Tokyo, Japan!

Hello everyone!

I'm a Canadian living in Tokyo, Japan for the past 10 years.
Before coming to live in Tokyo, I only road on a handful of trains in my life, and most of my exposure to them would have been from the Thomas the Tank Engine children's show.

Living in Japan, I've enjoyed the life of not having to drive (insurance, gas, maintenance, etc.). Don't get me wrong, I also love to drive, but I feel less burdened by being able to take a train.

I hope I can share some train stories from Japan in this forum! If you have any questions about Tokyo, Japan, or trains here, please let me know! Also it would be great to chat with anyone out there who lives or who has lived in Japan!

Also, I'm not sure how videos work here, but I've recorded a recent train video riding on the Yamanote line (central loop line) in downtown Tokyo. I'd like to share that here with everyone, so you can see the unbelievable love for trains here. You can see several trains in the video including a glimpse of the Japanese Bullet Train (Shinkansen).

Something about riding trains here is that it can be quite relaxing, and oftentimes, I've found myself falling asleep to miss my intended stop.

If you feel the same while watching this video, please let me know!

Audio Odyssey
https://youtu.be/jKUBYGwoW3A

Please take a look and share if you think it's worthy!
Also, please subscribe, if you would like me to take more train films from Japan.

Arrigatou gozaimasu!