View Single Post
Old 14th January 2014, 19:21

Question N gauge model railway in Tenerife

First of all "Ola" (Hello) this is my 1st post on this particular Forum.

I emigrated to Tenerife from the U.K. 10 years ago and recently decided to build a small n gauge model railway here as space is rather limited.

When I emigrated I left behind a "00" gauge garden railway and an indoor "00" table top where I used to live, and just last September decided to take up this hobby again on a smaller scale and build a layout in a store room I rent.

I have almost completed building my new layout which uses Graham Farish and Dapol rolling stock on Peco Setrack (all of which I have to Import from the U.K.).

To help with the design of my layout I have been trying out several model railway creation software packages, and it is here that I have a few questions, and would like to know if anyone on here has experience of using the following :-

1) Anyrail 5 (Not free - but not bad but lacking a "3D" facility at present)
2) Scarm (Totally free with a "3D" facility built in, but not all that easy to
use & still under development).
3) FocusMM "Create your own Model Railway" (Not free - but with lots of facilities to provide you with your own layout with working trains on it - but takes some getting used to).

The 3rd one above was a Xmas present to me and I am trying it out, and it is this software on which I have a number of questions & would like to ask them of someone experienced in using it.

If this is not the correct Forum to be asking such questions - perhaps someone could direct me to a more suitable Forum.

Regards

Terry