View Single Post
Old 23rd December 2009, 20:22
Station Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddington Ted View Post
I would buy a model maroon 8F and take great pleasure in spraying it black! Joking aside, it might well be worth the real loco's owners commissioning some models in that livery, which does look impressive albeit historically incorrect. (a bit like Wikipedia really!) They have already said that the 8F will be repainted into a more representative livery in due course and so a limited edition of little maroon 8Fs could be a money spinner for them. I need an 8F for my layout too as some did run on the Western, especially during WW2. The 8F is an impressive loco and I look forward to seeing the ex - Turkish example in steam fairly soon at Toddington alongside its older cousin, 2807!
Sadly this is Hornby we are talking about. Minimum order 1,000! Sadly the 8F group don't have the cash especially as the loco is getting very little work at Peak Rail at present!

Now this is just the thing Bachmann would do for the Collector's Club and probably make a donation of £5 per loco to the 8F group. Sad that Bachmann do not do an 8F!

Best wishes,

John H-T.