View Single Post
Old 13th December 2010, 11:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by davempics View Post
Just found this site and thought it might be a good way to share views and pics. Having spent several very cold hours recently waiting for very late steam specials near my home in York, thought I might as well show you my website at www.davempics.com
Anyone else feeling frustrated at steam's recent time-keeping ???
Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. Hoping that 'Tornado' isn't EARLY today as it's tight for me to get to see it when it comes through Hastings/St. Leonards today - Due to other commitments, I can only get to my preferred spot about 10 minutes before it's due!
In fact my most frustrating experience trying to photograph a steam special was with 'Leander' in 2005 - when I arrived at Chesterfield about 30-35 minutes before booked arrival time, only to be told that it had already passed some 10 minutes earlier.
The worst experience of late running was seeing 'Taw Valley' at Ashford in2001 - it finally passed about 2 hours late after struggling to get out of Cannon Street at the start of the tour. However, my wife was less than happy as she was waiting in the car ... and the date was a very cold December 29th!
Lately though, all the tours have been reasonably on time, the latest any of them had been was about 30 minutes down.

Tony