View Single Post
Old 18th August 2018, 13:35

Yes, I saw the splash screen for this one that tells you absolutely nothing, but wants you to sign up immediately. Thanks, but no thanks.

I hate the way you have to register with every website you come across - I now have an email variant of mine which starts as spam@.... Needless to say anything coming into my email clent on that one goes straight in the bin.

aussiesteve - I suspect that this site detected the location of your ISP and treated you to a bit of Aussie symbolism to 'make you feel at home'. (Yea, right).

Do tell me what is the origin of the expression 'amexed' ? Nothing to do with American Express I presume. Here in Blighty we say 'Caped' for a train which doesn't even manage to start its journey, though I can't for the life of me remember why. My railway is doing a hell of a lot of that just at the moment, unfortunately.

About 25% of the drivers here (including myself) are approaching retirement age, and I suspect that any sillyness from DafT (the Department for Transport) such as compelling us to work Sundays in addition to a normal working week will result in alot of keys being handed in. They're too mean to recruit extra drivers to do the extra work.

As is usual with any government involvement (for it is they who run - and ruin the railway), any action they take has the opposite effect to the one they intend. In this case they want drivers covering more work, and if they force this on us they'll have 25% fewer drivers in the blink of an eye. And these will be the most experienced who suddenly disappear.

The more things change, the more they stay the same...as the French say.

Au revoir,
BW