Thread: Bang Rd.
View Single Post
Old 10th September 2015, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith morgan View Post
The signal that is on the end of platform 4 (up line) now has the capability to turn into a single flashing yellow, this apparently indicates to the driver that the next signal for the Trent valley line will be at least one yellow allowing the train to keep moving, i hope you understand me.
Hi Keith,

It does, because the meaning of a a single flashing yellow is to inform the driver that the route ahead is set for the diverging line. The sequence will be... single flashing yellow, single fixed yellow with a junction indication, then a red.

What will normally happen is that the route will be 'approach released', so the fixed single yellow may 'step up' to a less restrictive aspect; two yellows (if it's 4 aspect signalling) or a green. This is a form of speed control...slow the train down for the junction, then let it accelerate again. A timer controls when the signals clear.

HOWEVER the driver MUST expect the red signal to remain red, braking appropriately and only taking power once (s)he sees the signals step up or the red come off.

Aplogies if I'm teaching my granny to suck eggs ,

Best wishes,

BW

Last edited by Beeyar Wunby; 10th September 2015 at 21:20.