Thread: Hello Everyone
View Single Post
Old 20th February 2009, 14:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H-T View Post
The dates I posted are from British Railways Steam Loco Allocations 1948-1968 by Jim Grindlay. He gives 15A as Welingborough in 1948; 1952; 1955; 1959 & 1963, then Leicester (Midland) in 1966. (East is wrong!)

I have a copy of the abc Locoshed Book for 1957 which lists Wellingborough as 15A.

I only trust Internet information if I can back it up from other sources!

According to Grindley Coalville became 15E around 1966. I can't find any record of 15E before then!

Who would be keen on Diesels when you have Jubillees!

Best wishes,

John H-T.
Thanks John, please don't think I was doubting your sources! My own recollections are far more suspect as i thought I'd indicated!

I can't find a Shed book, but I did find my first Diesel abc, (got to find the Steam one!) it was dated 1958 at which time I was 5! I just don't remember Leicester Midland being anything other than 15A. In 1966 I was 13 and would have thought I'd have remembered a change taking place at that time. May be not! I had certainly 'bunked' around the shed at Leicester many times prior to '66! Times were different then, you could disappear from dawn to dusk without anyone having to worry where you were! Perhaps just as well that my mother didn't know.

Max