View Single Post
Old 4th March 2019, 12:28

Yo Steve.

Wagga Wagga is one of those names that just makes me smile every time I see it. We have entertaining place names here too, like Carlton Scroop, which sounds to me like a Victorian villain.

Can't help behaving like a kid....it's got me this far.

Anyway I digress. Ref the spads. We had a multiple-spad incident a few years ago. That one went down to fatigue. Or put it another way, the poor b****r was so tired he fell asleep and just trundled gently off into the sunset on a line not fitted with TPWS, poor chap.

We also had one where a freight train which rolled backwards several miles. He'd also fallen asleep.

As a passenger train driver doing permanent swaps which mean I never start a turn before midday, I'm horrified at the wildly gyrating hours of freight drivers. I have enormous respect for them. I always fancied driving big heavy trains, but I'm too much of a wuzz to accept never knowing what you'll be doing from one day to the next, and being permanently wasted.

Finally, on a different topic - I haven't forgotten about the DVD. The new VR 'pooter' comes this week, so the old one will be dedicated to Video Production and I can get a move on.

Cheers, John (BW).