View Single Post
Old 1st March 2019, 18:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by horace View Post
The Adams tank looks fabulous in BR lined black. I only ever saw it running in LSWR green some time back in the 1990s. Enjoy the gala it is a bit too far to travel there and back in a day from deepest Somerset.
I've not seen the Adams Radial in BR black as 30583 before - it apparently spent a few months in this livery in 1982/1983 - so I'm looking forward to seeing it at the gala. It looks fantastic on the cover of the latest Steam Railway.
I think a BR black B4 will be a first in preservation as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing 30096, along with the two visitors.
It's a shame that it's too far for you to come from Somerset, but I noticed something on the same weekend that's a bit closer to you that looks quite interesting: the 'Caley Tank' (439 class 0-4-4T No.419) starts it's visit to the Swanage Railway. 419 is visiting for the gala over the weekend of 29-31 March but also operating on 16/17 March plus during the visit of 'Flying Scotsman' from 22-26 March.
419 is making it's first trips away from Scotland since it's visit to the Bluebell in 1982 & will also visit the East Lancashire & North Norfolk Railways, having visited the Churnet Valley Railway last weekend.

Tony

Last edited by TRP; 1st March 2019 at 19:02.