View Single Post
Old 31st March 2020, 14:22

Anyone working from home ?

I wonder how many forum members are working from home?

Here at the Saltmine we've been told by ASLEF that we should maintain our Social Distance at work wherever possible. That's actually quite difficult to do since our changeovers are face-to-face by definition.

The company has suggested it will have Train Crew working from home if they can. This is not as silly as it sounds. There are two possibilities..

1) TSO (Temporary Signing On). If our first movement doesn't start at our Home Depot, we can make our way directly to our first train and 'Book On' there - Providing that it is a recognised Signing-On point, AND it must have a Late Notice Case (where Temp/Emergency Speed Restrictions etc are first displayed).

2) The introduction of "Stay at home" Spare turns. This is something that freight companies do, but I've never seen for Passenger ones. If we're not allocated a job, we can stay at home provided that we are reachable and are wearing our uniforms. If work comes up we must get to where we're needed as quickly as possible.

Which all seems very sensible. Nonetheless some wag on the net decided to cheer us all up by posting a picture of how he takes his work home. Good old Photoshop.

I hope you are all keeping safe.

Best wishes, BW
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 66 Work from home.jpg (55.2 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Beeyar Wunby; 31st March 2020 at 14:26.