View Single Post
Old 17th November 2005, 20:20
Station Manager

I first started years ago when I was still a young man. I had an 8ft X 4ft layout in N gauge with very little on it apart from a station and a loco shed. Then along came a baby and the model had to go as we were skint. In Sept of 2004 my wife bought me 2 starter kits when we were on holiday in Cornwall. That started it all again. I set up a small board but was never happy with it. So I scrapt it and started the presant one in about June of this year. As you can see from the photos it is sited on my daughters bed (she having left home some 11 years ago) and so I can do a bit of work on it at any time I feel like it. I have taken photos of the work almost from the start. The board is 6mm MDF on a frame of 2 x 1 with 3 cross brace bars across the width. Having tried to ballast the track by hand at first I made such a hash of it that I thought to hell with the cost, I was going to use Gaugemaster N Underlay. What a improvment that was. I have also used natural things where ever I could. So the rocks, moss, twiggs etc that I found in the garden and the slate from next door have all found their way on to my layout. I have also used most oh the Hornby N gauge buildings and Woodland Scenics trees. I will add mor photos of early work if you wish, but as I have over 80 photos I will have to pick out the big changes to post if you want them. If you have Broardband then I could send them stright to you.
Syd