View Single Post
Old 28th January 2010, 09:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by steam for ever View Post
Are you classing the section between Manchester pic and stockport as part of the mid cheshire?
I said:

at 17:09 we have 3 142s running Manchester to Chester via Altrincham services

I didn't say there are 3 different 142s on the Mid-Cheshire line at the same time but they are obviously different 142s that all run on the Mid-Cheshire line within the same hour in the evening as one 142 can't be in three places at once.

Quote:
I train spot everyday when not working and during lunch hours and when I get home so it is an every day thing.
The reason I'm doubting you see the late afternoon and evening trains is you specifically mentioned there was only one 142 on Tuesday, when in fact a Sprinter diagram was run by a 142 (The 15:17 Manchester to Chester and the 17:07 Chester to Manchester) so we possibly had 4 different 142s on the line on Tuesday afternoon/evening. (I didn't see the 17:09 Manchester to Chester service that afternoon so that may have been substituted with a Sprinter meaning we had the usual 3 142s and not an extra one.)

Quote:
I knew there were some 150s and at least one 156 but the 153 is news to me.
I don't think there were any 153s booked on the Oldham Loop but they could appear if there was a unit swap.

Last edited by hstudent; 28th January 2010 at 12:46.