View Single Post
Old 27th January 2010, 21:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstudent View Post
So am I correct in saying the reason we're disagreeing is because you went train spotting for a few hours and only saw one 142? If that is the case you need to be aware of unit swaps and maybe consider doing train spotting later on in the day and you'll see more than one 142.
I train spot everyday when not working and during lunch hours and when I get home so it is an every day thing.
I have several hours from nearly everyday since august when I decided to study the workings exactly on my home line.
Are you classing the section between Manchester pic and stockport as part of the mid cheshire?
Officially the line begins at Stockport and goes through to Chester. This is what is called the Mid cheshire as we know it today. The bit from Stockport to Manchester is not.

So services to buxton to not traverse Mid cheshire metals at any point as from stockport it is WCML.

The proper mid cheshire I think starts from Skelton junction and finnishes at Mickle trafford. This is the section I am talking about.

Hope this clears it up.