View Single Post
Old 27th January 2010, 18:25

As to the fire extingusihers that is unclear. They may have to be trained but they are designed for the use of the ordinary passenger. Where exactly is the training facility?

Not all 159s are just renumbered.
The 158s and 159s were built at the same place in Derby but only the original 22 were rebuilt from 158s. A later 8 I think were original 159s.

Again I must say that training needs to improve if it is done on one class only. If you are in charge of a trainload of people you need to be compitent so I suggest something here needs to change. I did not say all of the oldham loop trains were 142s I did say however that there was a lot of them. I knew there were some 150s and at least one 156 but the 153 is news to me.

Finally on the mid cheshire there is one 142 running and no more. If there is a second it may well be in for servicing but I have only collected one number. 142005.

My point is that Northern cannot go on like this. It is also true that none of its services serve food on the train not even the longer distance ones.
Thanks for the additional info people.