View Single Post
Old 26th January 2012, 20:46

Smile

i have done the transpennine rail pubs,start off at either manchester piccadilly/victoria stations,stalybridge buffet bar is by far the best rail pub to visit,many a time ive enjoyed a meal and a pint outside watching the trains go by,greenfield too has a pub directly opposite the station[the railway],it too has a small outside area opposite the station,then the marsden brewery tap,located in marsden with a 5 minute walk from the station,then hudderssfield station with 2 bars on the platforms,one full of rail memorabilia[my fave on that station].what i like to do is get a rail ranger[greater manchester]decide on a line and then off you go,with a few friends and a few stops en-route[ie pubs,clitheroe line-bromley cross,was a nice pub opposite[havnt been for a while],manchester liverpool line,newton le willows,nice pub outside station,hadfield/glossop line,a pub on the platform at broadbottom station,i could name many more places i have enjoyed a relaxing pint,a meal,or in the company of friends watching the trains go b.