Thread: EWS in France
View Single Post
Old 10th November 2005, 04:01

Yes, I understood that RFF have asked for it, what I was wondering is what was SNCF's reponse and what was the Unions response. I saw the reports of what happened when CFTA tried their test runs prior to beginning regular service.
I haven't heard of further problems but then again so far CFTA is operating just a very limited amount of services. What I am wondering about is what will happen when CFTA, TX Logistics, and EWSI manage to gain a significant market share, say in three or four years time. SNCF Fret's market share in France is falling fast
and the Unions are in denial that their constant strike actions are a significant, but not the only, part of the problem. What will happen when EWSI and others either have French workers who are not part of the big Railway Union or even worse do not employ Frenchmen, and start causing faster traffic and revenue losses at SNCF Fret? Even without the outsiders what is going to happen at SNCF Fret? It looks like it could collapse. A lot of employees and costs, and very little freight to haul and very little money coming in.

Last edited by Soo6617; 10th November 2005 at 04:06.