View Single Post
Old 11th October 2013, 01:59

Cheers all for your welcoming comments.

@hereward This link will take you to probably the best front end image online for LMS 6100 showing all the gubbins! http://chsmedia.org/media/hb/03/HB01638.jpg
She did go on a UK stations tour upon returning from 1933 Canada/USA tour. And the bell & headlamp were still attached during this UK tour. See last photo with dedication plate added.
6100_Royal_Scot_prepared_for_tour.jpg518KMbN7u3L__SS500_.jpgLord Stamp & Royal Scot - 72dpi 100perc 16bit b&w - 001.jpg6100 postcard.jpg

A couple of my old american Press photos show 6100 with what appears to be a large straggly fleece resting over the buffer beam and helpers cleaning.
Q). Anyone know if the LMS crews ever used sheep fleece to polish up the paintwork; lanolin and all that?

@46232 Bell was recently displayed with 6229 at Shildon last month. Sign said Only ring it on the hour please as it was driving them all mad!

@Silver Fox Phil I went inside the Derby Roundhouse & Offices, before the refurbishment, with an earlier scheme architect, who'd also been on the same Uni course as I. Roundhouse & Offices were a complete mess. IIRC, just the clean up bill plus a new river wall to hold back all the heavy metal contaminants was about £16m.
(The site agent told me they had in fact got a pair of identical weather vanes - though of course we've only ever seen a 2-2-2 loco displayed upon the Clock Tower. Perhaps the MR/LMS knocked up a spare one?) TBC