View Single Post
Old 14th August 2011, 19:47

Riding on train roofs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSY011 View Post
Hello AbuAjriya and welcome to the Railway Forum. Had a look at your video page and found it very intresting. In the U.K there is no way that people would be allowed to travel on the roof of a train.You may have seen on a post last week that someone managed to get onto the roof of a train in the UK. The police were called and the Fire service used a ladder to get him down. He was then taken away to see if he had any mental problems. I also have seen passangers in South Africa traveling on the roof and when the train is going slowly, they jump over the wire supports for fun.
Hi AbuAjriya & DSY011, sorry i am a little late on this one as i have had PC problems, SYD you mention South Africa,they have a game there called Surfing at which youngsters bet against each other as to who can go the furthest on a fast moving train by going from one end of the train to the other,ie 12 coaches,trying to miss the O/H wires all 25000 volts plus hanging and scaleing the outside of the carriages,conseqently their are quite a few deaths every month. Torquay.