View Single Post
Old 11th August 2009, 20:34

Lightbulb Bollington: a new era!

In 1972 the macclesfield,Bollington and marple railway closed.
Now the line has been turned into the middlewood way for walkers, cyclists and horse riders.
An observation I made whilst doing this walk is that it was a double track alignment (it had two paralel tracks) .

Heres the big picture: A single track line that leaves room for the path running the whole 11 miles of beautiful scenery from Macclesfield (first main line connection) to Rose hill marple (second main line connection)
Along this journey will be many challenges. These will include raising the original trackbed out of bollington to build a unique bridge over the macclesfield bypass, and rebuild an enourmous river Bollin stadling viaduct, which was unique in design and shall be improved to include iron work to create a victorian style magnificant, intricate and over designed crowd pulling bridge. This shall be a steam railway (with heritage deisels) and revive a struggling part of Cheshire.

Remember what Kennedy said. "We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard". Only we are not quite trying to reach the moon.
This can be an appeal in the style of those of magazine readers appeals, such a Steam railway magazine readers appeals which against the odds restore our herritage.

In many of your threads and posts I see good people with ideas. Here is a chance to put some of those ideas into action. There are times when you feel no one will listen. Well I and other supporters are willing to listen.
Heres my advice: take a deep breath and jump.
Someone has to start, so why not you?
This subject shall now be a regular subject of mine.
PS: What can we do that is totally new and amazing that will make the line stand out and a hub of special interes of many different types.
Support is growing steadily, but remember that it is early days.
Your thoughts and opinions please.
Questions will be answered.
(please note that later it was decided to run from marple to Bollington only and this is explained later in the thread)

Last edited by steam for ever; 15th August 2009 at 14:07.