View Single Post
Old 4th February 2007, 09:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisstrains View Post
Hello Folios,
I don't know the answer to your question but do you think they need to be replaced?
I know that many people don't like them but as an occasional traveller on "Northern Trains" 142's I find them quite acceptable for short stop/start journeys.
Like you, I would be interested to know what plans there are to replace them......if any!!
They're alright for the city line/coryton line (I live a two minute walk away from Danescourt station, so it's only about a 10 minute ride into central) - but at the other end of the spectrum as I mentioned in another post, the other week they used a 142 that shouldn't have been in service from cardiff to maesteg.

After Bridgend the track goes onto the maesteg branch line, and part of that track is of terrible quality.. the bumps can be felt quite strongly even in a 158, and to ride that track in a 142 quite frankly felt dangerous, all in all it's not that I feel they need to be replaced right now but when would you more knowledgeable rail enthusiasts think they would be replaced and with what?