View Single Post
Old 30th October 2007, 10:34

To be honest i think all the trains Northern have left with are old and battered but with tregards to toilets ive known quite a lot of 156's with defecive Toilets which is rather anoying when you have to walk from one end of the train to the other to get to it then you find it doesent work.

I also think that with the problems with the 142's you have exprenced you may have just been unlucky.

The doors on 142's sometimes jam because the School Kids offten stick pens in the mecanisim and there is the fact that they are somtimes used on Express Services whrere as when the train is traveling at speed the doors ratle like mad 2which doesent help what also dosent help is the overlaoding and people squashed against the doors.

But i must admit that most of the above are common problems on most old trains and the lack of maintince these days doesnt help the problems but i ca simpothise with Northern because they have been left with a right odd ball fleet and units of a considrable age.

Think the DFT shyould alow them to purchase a whole new fleet of trains Built to Modern requirements.

And finaly in mu opinion the 185's shold have gone to Northern along with the 170's accuired by FTPE recently and FTPE hshold have had a Class 223 which wouuld be simmler to the 222's but probably only seven coaches long.