View Single Post
Old 12th January 2010, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflector View Post
Sorry, I can't help with the answers to your query but I have to say that I have very rarely sat in my reserved seat in Pendolinos from Birmingham to Euston and vice versa. Of course, if you are on one of the peak hour trains you may have to but if you are off-peak (and of course it should be much cheaper then), there should be a number of unreserved seats available. I have never been challenged for not sitting in my booked seat and have usually moved because invariably my reserved seat has been adjacent to a pillar and I do like to look out of the window.

The other alternative of course is to use Chiltern Railways from Snow Hill or Moor St to Marylebone which is a bit slower but cheaper and choice of where you sit so you can keep one eye on your luggage and the other on the scenery.
Well my train leaves at 08.43am on Tuesday so i guess that would be considered peak-time. Will there be a lot of unreserved seats available at that time?

Also thank you David Hicks for the link, will see if i can book 28A on trainline.com. Do u guys know if i can do that on trainline.com or if there's other sites that i can book specific seats?

Thanks for your patience and help...

Last edited by marbles; 12th January 2010 at 22:25.