View Single Post
Old 1st February 2006, 05:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSY011
Go for it Trev. Keep some of the white or magnolia emulsion to use on the layout. Mixed with a bit of black water paint, it makes for good roads, add some very fine sand (kids sandpit stuff), only a little though and the roads have texture.
Syd
Try that in the desert and the stuff cracks like real old roads too (darn lack of humidity ). I use black fine grit sandpaper for roads for the most part. The emulsion with sand sounds like a great way to make a car park though. I wonder how it would weather. Anyone have a go at it? I'd be interested in knowing--it might be just what I need.

I built a little railway museum on my layout as an excuse to display (and run) vintage stuff. The museum has trackage rights on all the mainlines for excursions. That is the only way I can justify running a Mountain or Pacific past the SD60s and 70s... And if anyone asks why the European stuff is running about, I say that the museum has a rich retired Brit as a member and he purchased a used Mallard for the museum to restore.

Good luck with the layout, Trev.

Tom F