View Single Post
Old 29th September 2013, 08:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSY011 View Post
Hello RogerH and welcome to the Railway Forum. I am also into modelling, although I'm not very good at it. I use Bachmann's Dynamis DCC system which has a key switch which switches the loco lights off or on.
Thanks for your warm welcomes chaps.
Syd, another Old Git eh? That's what my loving son calls me. Have you tried the red wine labelled "Old Git"? I don't know whether it is still available over there, it was a few years ago when we last visited "home" and it was quite palatable.

My problem with the lights is only in relation to the Bachmann 4-function decoder 36-557. The 'Net and various forums (fora?) are full of complaints about it, but none of them mention lights. My system is NCE PowerCab 5 amp. When I fit this decoder to my Bachmann diesels (I have tried it on Class 70 and Class 55) and I place it on the rails, the front and rear lights as well as the cabin lights all strobe. The various lighting function buttons only work when the loco is in motion and then only intermittently and seem to follow no pattern. When I put it into motion there is a delay of a few seconds before the strobe lights stop and the loco moves forward. I have no doubt this is a programming issue but it is totally beyond me at the moment.

Regards
Roger