View Single Post
Old 27th September 2013, 14:33

Hello from Australia

Hello all.
Greetings from a grumpy old retiree who finally has the time, but alas not as much money as he would wish, to indulge a long-held desire to turn over large parts of his home to model railways.
I am an ex-pat of some 25 years living north of Brisbane.
I am well on my modelling way, having constructed as much baseboard as I can covering most of a fairly large room, and am trying to get to grips with the wonders of DCC. I have been buying models for the past few years in readiness, some DCC fitted, some "on board" and others analogue. It is a huge learning curve for me. Just getting the body off a Bachmann class 70 the took a good part of yesterday (I really should have read the instructions properly first) and I am now trying to figure out how to operate the lights. A complete mystery at the moment, and cannot as yet find the answer anywhere on the 'Net.
When I have sorted out all my locos, I will begin modelling proper. My planned layout is to be centred on Dawlish, so if anyone out there lives locally, I would love to hear from them. Best wishes to you all. RogerH